Since neither this blog or my budding photography pay the bills, I have to keep a day job. For the past four years, I've been a litigation paralegal. My days are spent answering client's seemingly endless questions about whether their case will ever, EVER, E.V.E.R. settle. For some people, that frustration is well earned. We've had some lingerers (?) hang on for over 7 years. And trust me, no one wants to regularly be chillin with their lawyers for 7 years on end. But, I do my best to soothe their anger, sadness, and whatever other emotion might come up. When I'm not on the phone, I'm photographing accident scenes, client's injuries, summarizing medical records and sometimes even going to trials. I rarely have the same day twice; things are so varied around here!
So, I have a pretty nice corner office, with a real door, two desks, a credenza and everything! The only not so great part to me is the TEAL carpet. Not so much a fan. But, as it turns out, the carpet compliments my Mexican watercolor collection nicely. Said paintings were purchased on my senior trip after high school, so they beautify and remind me of a couple of very good weeks in my life. So I think I've made the best of a bad thing underfoot. Throughout our offices, there are lots of built in bookcases full of lovely old law books. Some are over a hundred years old. Now that everything is accessible online, they don't get used much anymore. But their beauty, and the wonderful history they are full of will only grow with time.
1 comment:
TAG! You're it for a meme. Go see!
Post a Comment