Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I had my appointment with the cardiologist yesterday. He said the OB was right to be concerned as it could potentially be an issue. The basic idea is that it's ok for my pulse to race occasionally as long as it's not happening daily and the "spells" don't have certain characteristics. So, he explained what exactly to watch for and to keep track of how often I have them, but that he's hoping I won't have another spell and it will stop. If it happens again, I get to wear a heart monitor for 30 days so they can see what's going on. I had some tests run and sat around in the waiting room a lot, but everything they saw encouraged them that my heart is normal, it's just getting a little excited at times.


The plan if it keeps happening, besides the monitoring, is some sort of medicine to chill out my heart a bit. So, that's all I know. He told me he was very glad I came because it's hard to tell the difference between the kind of racing pulse that is okay in pregnancy and the kind that is not. Hopefully, it doesn't happen any more though!

Of course, since we were in Columbia, Dave and I took the opportunity to do a little shopping for more baby supplies. We found the cutest little onesie that says, "My Daddy Rockz." Of course, Dave had to have that!

No comments: