I could make the title "1 year and 1 month" but that makes Cooper sound like a big boy. Well, he is a big boy now, but I'm not ready to think of him as not being my baby anymore. But the signs are everywhere that he is well on his way out of babyhood and into toddlerville.
A lot has changed since last month's update. At that time, he was only taking 3-4 tentative steps by himself. Now he's RUNNING everywhere. It's so cute to watch him zoom around the house. Walking is still new enough to him that he reaches his destination and turns around and grins to see if you're going to cheer for him making it the whole way there walking. Cooper has also gotten into the climbing stage a lot earlier than mama and daddy are really ready for. I used to have a ladder quilt rack in the living room. But it had to go in hiding for a while since he was using it as a ladder. It's especially funny to see him flatten himself against a wall and look up at it. I just know he's trying to figure out how to scale the wall itself. Cooper continues to be just about the happiest kid I've ever met, unless you're trying to put on his coat or get him dressed. He still cries most times we dress him. But otherwise, he is always giggling and laughing and bringing loads of joy into our lives.
This month Cooper started giving kisses back. When he leaves now, he says buh-buh, flaps his arms to wave and smacks his lips together to give kisses. It's about the cutest thing ever and just melts my heart every time. He is still very big into dancing. If he hears music of any kind, he drops what he's doing and starts shaking his tail and waving his arms.
We made the transition from formula to regular milk this month. It took us several weeks to switch since he spit up most of the regular milk the first couple weeks we gave it to him. His tummy seems accustomed to it now though, so no more buying formula!! YAY! We also found out that Cooper is very allergic to raspberries this month---not YAY at all. Thankfully though, he doesn't have problems with strawberries. He gobbles those up without issue. He still doesn't eat much meat, but it seems to be somewhat less of a problem than it was. He had chicken mixed into his veggies I gave him last week one night and did fine. The next day I tried it again and he spit it all up. I tried giving him turkey a couple days ago, but he wouldnt even swallow a bite of it. Just spit it out of his mouth. One of these days he might eat meat...right?!
I bought Cooper his first movie this month--Disney's Cars. I wasn't sure if he would pay attention to it for very long, and he didn't really stay focused on it. But when it was time for the cars to race, he would drop what he was doing and sit down and watch them race. I'm guessing his grandpas will have a new little budy to go to the races with them.
We made the switch this week, to what I hope is the last daycare provider Cooper will have before he starts Kindergarten. The is the fourth in a year's time. We left sitter #1 because we had an offer from #2 to keep Cooper for half what #1 charged. Since Dave's job has been hanging in the balance and we were looking for ways to save money, we switched. Then not even two months after we switched, sitter #2 grew very ill and closed her daycare. We called everywhere looking for daycare and finally begged a favor of a friend of my mother in law's and Cooper started going to sitter #3 until we could make permanent arrangements. We would've LOVED to stay with sitter #3--Cooper loved her and her family so much, but she doesn't watch kids in the summer and I didn't have any idea who would watch him those 3 months for us. Going back to #1 wasn't an option since she'd filled up with new little ones after we'd left, so after much calling around and freaking out at the cost of the daycares with openings, I found sitter #4--Miss Angie. It was hard leaving #3 and we all cried on Cooper's last day. But he seems to like Miss Angie's okay so far. I really, really, really hope it goes well.
This past weekend Dave got a new lab for hunting, but she's also going to be a semi-indoor family dog. Cooper has had the best time playing with little Mojo so far. He loves yelling her name at her, but it usually comes out more like "MOW-YOW" than Mojo. :) I hope they grow up good buddies, since they'll both be spending lots of time hunting with daddy in years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment