Monday, February 9, 2009

One Month!!

It's been a month since I last updated on Mr. Cooper. Boy, has he grown and changed so much in that time!! A couple weeks ago, he weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 8 oz! He'd gained 3 pounds since leaving the hospital, and I know he's grown even more since then. He is getting longer and stronger too. Cooper is holding his head up like a champ and he "swims" on the floor during tummy time. He gets all his limbs moving like he wants to crawl, but it looks like swimming. It's too cute!

Cooper started giving us the sweetest smiles right around 5 weeks old. He opens his mouth wide and his eyes turn down into half moons when he's really happy. He also gives us lots of other neat expressions, like one raised eyebrow! Last week he found out he could make other noises besides crying. He coos and oooohs and even hollers at us. We are having a great time watching him develop his little personality.

Today is a sad day for mama since I started back to work. I miss Cooper something fierce, but I know he is in the best care with his babysitter, Jodi. When I dropped him off this morning, all the other kids were jumping around and cheering, "Yay! Cooper is here!" It made me feel better to leave him, knowing that Jodi and the kids are so excited for him to be there. But, I still can't wait for 5pm to get here!!!!!!

No comments: