Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Have I mentioned yet that in addition to taking pictures, I love to scrapbook them? Actually scrapbooking is what got me wanting to learn how to take better pictures. It seems like all the pages I see in the magazines are full of near-professional quality photographs taken by the scrapbookers themselves.

Anyway, I really do enjoy scrapbooking. I'm not sure if anyone would guess this, but working in the legal field doesn't exactly allow one a lot of creative freedom in the workplace. Ha ha ha. It allows none. Everything is black and white, or we're trying to convince people that it is anyway! So, it is great to have scrapbooking and photography to be my artistic outlets, to allow me to get my hands dirty and play with all sorts of artsy things that I wouldn't otherwise get to use.

So, this weekend, while we were in the city for that archery shoot, we hit a couple scrapbooking stores. Lord have mercy, I do love Archivers. I had already begun purchasing some paper and embellishments to do an album of our Utah Thanksgiving trip, but I really hadn't found the perfect album yet. And call me crazy, but I'm just enough wacky that I don't like to make any scrapbook pages until I have THE perfect album to put them in.

Well, we found the perfect sage green leather album to put them in, so last night I did the opening page for the album. I'm not the best about getting albums done really, but I have a goal to have this Moab album done before we go again! Hopefully I can stick with that plan.

For anyone familiar with scrapbooking products, this is a mix of Crate Paper's Souvenir line, Karen Foster's ATV paper, and some American Crafts "Thickers"--which FYI, are the CUTEST fuzzy felt stickers ever.

More scrapbook pages to come surely, since I've been bitten by the bug this week!

No comments: