Hello blogworld. Welcome to my little corner of cyberspace. I am Pinkneck Girl.
It all started with this little thing called love. Well, before that, but really with the love thing, it kind of stuck. I grew up in a small town, but in town. I was not a country girl. I didn't ride horses, farm or work cattle. I did what town girls did. I shopped, babysat, played Nintendo and hot rolled my hair. Then I went to college in the big city. I loved 24 hour grocery stores, being 2 miles from the mall and 27 different coffee shops.
Then girl met boy and bam! Pinkneck Girl was born. I soon discovered that I loved all the fun, country activities that my man did. He rode four-wheelers, hunted, fished, went muddin', rode horses, went to rodeos, shot archery, and lots of other non-town girl things. I was quickly hooked, especially since he took my out dancing at the clubs in the city on the weekends and willingly moved me from apartment to apartment to apartment during college. I mean, who wouldn't want to keep a man who has packed up and moved your precious shoe collection 11 times in 3 years???
I'm still not exactly sure how, but he managed to convince me of the country cool factor enough to get me to move to the boonies with him after we got married. Gasp! I gave up the city for teeny, tiny Huntsville, MO. So now, here I am, sharing my slice of pinknecked wonderfulness with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment